Axicabtagene Ciloleucel Injection (brand name: Yescarta) was recently granted marketing approval by China National Medical Products Administration (NMPA)1, marking the first approved chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy in China and the sixth globally.
China Approves First Domestic CAR-T Therapy
Fosun Kite's Axicabtagene Ciloleucel recently received marketing authorization by NMPA, becoming the first CAR-T therapy approved in China. The Chinese CAR-T industry is thus eyeing a promising future, but the road to market success is challenging.
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | July 2021
- Expedited Programs for Drug Registration in China
- China Rolls Out Measures to Establish Drug Patent Linkage System
- China Drug Evaluation Report 2020-Reform of Drug Review & Approval System
- Monthly Report: New Drug Approvals in China | July 2021