China's State Council recently granted a pilot program for cross-border e-commerce retail import of drugs in Central China's Henan Province.1 So far the program covers 13 over-the-counter (OTC) drugs with marketing authorization in China.
China to Pilot Cross-Border E-Commerce Retail Import of Drugs
China recently approved Henan Province's cross-border e-commerce pilot program for importing drugs and medical devices, starting with 13 OTC medicines licensed in China. Thanks to the pilot program, more overseas drugs, including anti-cancer and targeted therapy drugs, stand a chance of accessing the Chinese market. This article focuses on drug import as part of the pilot program.
- Online Conference | China Drug Regulation and Pharmaceutical Market
- China Cracks Down on Monopolies in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Industry
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | Sept. 2021
- Monthly Report: New Drug Approvals in China | Sept. 2021
- China Chemical Drug Registration Classification