On May 10, 2021, China National Healthcare Security Administration (NHSA) and National Health Commission (NHC) published a guidance on improving the "double channel" management system1 for drugs covered by social healthcare insurance. The drugs are also known as the medicines in the National Reimbursement Drug List (NRDL).
China Promotes Distribution of Medicare-covered Drugs Through "Double Channel"
China permits qualified drug stores to sell prescription drugs included in the National Reimbursement Drug List. At these drug stores, people can enjoy the same medical care payment coverage with hospitals. The policy intends to add another sales channel for the drugs outside hospitals, especially for the newly listed drugs through centralized procurement.
You May Also Like
- China DMF Filing, Review & Approval System for APIs, Pharmaceutical Excipients & Packaging Materials
- Introduction to China's COVID-19 Vaccines
- New Market Entry Pathways of Medical Products: Special Medical Zones in China
- China to Pilot Cross-Border E-Commerce Retail Import of Drugs
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | April 2021