Comprehensive coverage on the latest pharmaceutical regulatory update and industry activities in China.
2022’s Top 10 Cross-border Licensing Deals Involving Chinese Biopharma Companies Compared with 2021, 2022 was not a thriving year for cross-border licensing deals involving Chinese biopharmaceutical companies. From 2021 to 2022, the number of in-licensing deals dropped from 128 to 90 with total value slumping from 15.55 billion USD to 5.84 billion USD. The out-licensing deals focused on tumor therapy. The top megadeal worth 9.475 billion USD was inked between Kelun Industry Group and MSD.
Feb 24, 2023
Licensing Deals Involving Chinese Pharma Companies in H1 2022 In H1 2022, China's pharma companies have taken part in multiple licensing deals. The in-licensing deals, in which Chinese companies are licensees, highlight AI-assisted drug R&D and COVID-19 vaccines/drugs.The out-licensing deals, in which Chinese companies were licensors, are mostly in the field of oncology.
Jul 14, 2022
Are Cross-Border Licensing Deals a Shortcut to China's Pharma Market? In 2021 H1, China has made 50 in-licensing deals, among which the top 10 add up to $5,197.5 million in value. Licensing deals do have advantages for promoting foreign drugs in China, but they are not shortcuts. Prudent work still needs to be done before making the deals.
Dec 07, 2021
- [Updated] China Adds 111 Drugs to 2022 National Reimbursement Drug List
- [Updated] Drug Application Fees for FY 2023 in China and the U.S.
- Monthly Report: New Drug Approvals in China | January 2023
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | January 2023
- [New Resource] China Marketing Authorization Holder (MAH)'s Responsibilities for Drug Quality