According to China National Health Commission (NHC), more than 243.9 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered across the nation by Apr. 28, 2021.1 China has started its mass vaccination program and plans to vaccinate 40% of its population by June this year.2
Introduction to China's COVID-19 Vaccines
China now has five approved COVID-19 vaccines, with more than 243.9 million doses administered across the nation. Compared to foreign vaccines, the Chinese COVID-19 vaccines are easier to keep and transport, but with relatively low efficacy rates. Two Chinese COVID-19 vaccines are expected to access more countries once entering the global vaccine program COVAX.
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | March 2021
- Introduction to China's COVID-19 Vaccines
- China Launches Medical Device Master File System
- China DMF Filing, Review & Approval System for APIs, Pharmaceutical Excipients & Packaging Materials
- Clinical Real-World Data Pilot Program: Fast-Track Entry Pathway into China