In early March, during China's 2021 Two Sessions (annual meetings of the National People's Congress (NPC) and the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC)), health care was one of the hotly discussed topics. Professor Wang Ningli, a representative of the CPPCC and also an influential ophthalmologist, pointed out that eye health is an essential component of the overall health condition, and the central government should further explore options that could help improve eye health, provide high quality eye treatment for patients, and eventually decrease the number of people suffering from vision impairment or loss in China.1
Ophthalmic Drug Market in China Attracts Increasing Attention
As ophthalmic diseases become more prevalent in China, there is a growing demand for high-quality and affordable eye medicines. It is expected that the market size for ophthalmic drugs in China will reach about 25 billion RMB in 2021.
You May Also Like
- In Light of the 14th Rare Disease Day, How Is China Doing on Rare Disease Drugs?
- China to Carry out National Insulin Procurement
- Monthly Recap: China Pharmaceutical Regulatory Updates | March 2021
- China's 2021 Two Sessions: What Can We Expect for the Medical and Health Sectors?
- China Launches Medical Device Master File System